2014 CIEM Meeting
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (DEM) will host the 2014 Current Issues in Emergency Management (CIEM) sessions on October 7-9, 2014 (1st session) and October 21-23, 2014 (2nd session) at the State Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee, Florida.
Registration for CIEM is through SERT TRAC.
The goal of CIEM is to give an overview of State Emergency Response Team operations, the Division's programs, as well as the most current county, tribal, state and federal emergency management initiatives. It is also an opportunity to meet individually with DEM staff to address specific program related questions. More importantly, it is a time to learn more about how we can best support you and your local operations as together we strive to meet the needs of the residents who call the great State of Florida home.
While the agendas for both sessions are still being drafted, we would like to invite you to submit recommendations for topics that you would like to have presented at the sessions. Please submit your recommendations to James Podlucky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your continued support and we look forward to making this year's CIEM a time for us to learn more about how we can best support you and your local operations as together we strive to meet the needs of the residents who call the great State of Florida home.
2014 CIEM Presentations
- Welcome and Opening Remarks - Bryan Koon, Division Director, FDEM
- Ebola Update - Florida Department of Health
- 2013-2014 Winter Events - Sandy Myer, Chief of Operations, FDEM
- Incident Management Teams & State Assistance Teams - Ashley Davis, Watch Officer, FDEM
- NFIP -Floodplain Management And CRS - Steve Martin, NFIP Coordinator, FDEM
- Community Rating System - Danny Hinson, CRS Coordinator, FDEM
- FEPA Current Issues in Emergency Management October 2014 - Eve Rainey, FPEM
- EMAP Update - Britton Holdaway, EMAP Coordinator, FDEM
- Evacuation Studies -Andrew Sussman, Hurricane Program Manager, FDEM
- Redundancy Project Update - Jim Roberts and Patrick Fuller, Regional Coordination Team
- ESF 6 Update - Mike Whitehead, State Mass Care Coordinator
- Statewide EM Notification Project - Brian Misner, Senior Watch Officer, FDEM
- USGS Mitigation Sink Hole Study Report -Jamie Price, Lead Mitigation Planner, FDEM
- Grant Issues - Cherie Milligan, Deputy Finance Chief, FDEM
- American Red Cross Restructuring Initiative - Cesar Rivera and Becky McCorry, ARC
- Current Issues In Recovery - Evan Rosenberg, Recovery Bureau Chief, FDEM
- HCC Statewide Task Force - Jeanine Posey, FDOH
- Session Wrap-up and Adjournment - Brian Koon, Division Director
Mike DeLorenzo, Deputy Director, FDEM
- Type 3 All-Hazard Incident Management System Credentialing Guide
October 13, 2014 17:31