2013 CIEM Meeting
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (DEM) will host the 2013 Current Issues in Emergency Management (CIEM) sessions on October 8-10, 2013 (1st session) and October 22-24, 2013 (2nd session) at the State Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee, Florida.
Registration for CIEM is through SERT TRAC.
The goal of CIEM is to give an overview of State Emergency Response Team operations, the Division's programs, as well as the most current county, tribal, state and federal emergency management initiatives. It is also an opportunity to meet individually with DEM staff to address specific program related questions. More importantly, it is a time to learn more about how we can best support you and your local operations as together we strive to meet the needs of the residents who call the great State of Florida home.
While the agendas for both sessions are still being drafted, we would like to invite you to submit recommendations for topics that you would like to have presented at the sessions. Please submit your recommendations to Maurice Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all recommendation NO LATER THAN Friday August 16, 2013.
Thank you in advance for your continued support and we look forward to making this year's CIEM a time for us to learn more about how we can best support you and your local operations as together we strive to meet the needs of the residents who call the great State of Florida home.
2013 CIEM Presentations
- Florida Statute 252 and What It Means From a Local Emergency Management Perspective - John Dosh, Escambia Co. EM and Jennifer Hinson, FDEM Chief Legal Counsel
- Regional Coordination Team - Jim Roberts, FDEM and Patrick Fuller, FDEM
- Update on Statewide Mass Notification Initiatives - Brian Misner, FDEM
- Recovery Bureau New Program Updates - Evan Rosenberg, FDEM
- FEPA CIEM 2013 - Eve Rainey, Florida Emergency Preparedness Association
- Florida National Guard - CPT Melissa Deleon, FLNG Liaison Officer
- External Affairs and Legislative Affairs Updates - Julie Roberts, FDEM
- What's Brewing in Information Management? - Richard Butgereit, FDEM
- EMAP Update - Britton Holdaway, EMAP Coordinator
- Mitigation Bureau New Program Updates - Miles Anderson, FDEM
- Financial Update and Scope of Work Review - Gary Crawford, Cherie Milligan and Jim Roberts, FDEM
- NOAA Products Update/Regional Evacuation Studies Program
Update and Re-entry Planning - Tiffany Hersey, FDEM
- Statewide Regional Evacuation Studies: Status and Future Improvements - Andrew Sussman, FDEM
- Discharge Planning Teams & Shelter Transition Teams - Michael Whitehead, State Mass Care Coordinator
- Florida Inoperable Communications CIEM 2013 - Bill Stoye, FDEM
October 9, 2013 16:04