Radiological Emergency Preparedness Program
Florida is home to five commercial nuclear reactors located at three sites. Two additional reactors are located in Alabama near the State line.
- Crystal River Nuclear Power Plant (NW of CR)
- St. Lucie Nuclear Power Plant (SE of FT. Pierce)
- Turkey Point Nuclear Power Plant ( S of Miami)
- Farley Nuclear Power Plant (SE of Dothan, Alabama)
Plant Status Report - current operational status of commercial nuclear power plants.
Daily Events Report - current events reported to the NRC Operations Center by NRC licensees .
The Division of Emergency Management, has the overall responsibility for coordination of the response to a nuclear power plant emergency by federal, state and local agencies. The Division also has the overall authority and responsibility for updating and coordinating the plans with other response organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions about a Radiation Emergency (CDC)
- Public Health Questions about the Radiation Situation in Japan (FDOH)
- National Response Plan Nuclear / Radiological Incident Annex
- State of Florida Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan Hazard Specific Annexes
Library and Training Aids
- 2011 Radiological Emergency Preparedness Powerpoint Presentation
- How does a nuclear power plant work (children's site)
- Work your "own" power plant
- General Abbreviations and Acronyms used in REP
- Radiation Emergency Glossary (CDC)
- How to Measure Radiation (CDC)
- Potassium Iodide (KI) Fact Sheet
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) 2004-2005 Information Digest
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Radiological Preparedness Site
Florida Nuclear Power Plant Safety and General Information
Safety Planning Information
- Florida Power and Light Nuclear Safety
- Progress Energy Nuclear Safety
- Crystal River Safety Information | English | Spanish |
- St. Lucie Safety Planning Information | English | Spanish |
- Turkey Point Safety Planning Information | English | Spanish |
- 2012 Agriculture and Nuclear Power
- Nuclear Power Plants Fact Sheets and Brochures (NRC)
- Florida Power & Light Nuclear Information
- Progress Energy Nuclear Information
- Crystal River #3 Progress Energy
- St. Lucie Unit #1 Florida Power & Light Co
- St. Lucie Unit #2 Florida Power & Light Co
- Turkey Point Unit #3 - Florida Power & Light Co.
- Turkey Point Unit #4 - Florida Power & Light Co.
- Joseph M. Farley Unit #1 - Southern Nuclear Operating Company
- Joseph M. Farley Unit #2 - Southern Nuclear Operating Company
Nuclear Reactor Information
- United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI)
June 14, 2012 16:14