French     Spanish     German  
 
Flgetaplan.com
Florida Disaster.org Florida Division of Emergency Management
State Emergency Response Team




State Emergency Operations Center

Daily Situation Reports

RSS Feed

Flash Reports (when available)



2014 Storm Season

Hurricane Icon


2014 Spring Flood





2012 Storm Season

Hurricane Icon


2012 Past Storms
Debby
Isaac


Wildfires

Deepwater Horizon

 

For the most up-to-date information on Florida’s wildfires, visit www.floridaforestservice.com/wildfire/information.html.

 

Deepwater Horizon Response

Deepwater HorizonVisit the State Emergency Deepwater Horizon Response page.

For more information on Florida’s Deepwater Horizon response, as well as health and safety tips, visit www.dep.state.fl.us/deepwaterhorizon.

Deepwater Horizon Video
View the Deepwater Horizon Response

Current Situation


View Larger Map

Weather Forecast

Scattered Showers Expected Across The State...Highest Coverage in the afternoon/early evening hours...Some Storms May Be Strong To Severe With Frequent Lightning, Gusty Winds, And Heavy Downpours...Moderate Risk for Rip Currents at Panhandle Beaches...Tropical Storm Dolly Forms in the Gulf of Mexico...

Updated 9:45 AM EDT Monday

High pressure over the state will allow for the seabreeze to be the main driver of rain chances today. Easterly winds will continue to push the east coast seabreeze across the state again this afternoon allowing numerous showers and storms to congregate along the spine of the state heading westward into West Central and southwest Florida, the Big Bend, and Suwannee River Valley. Rain chances are slightly higher in these locations at 40% to 50%. In addition, tropical moisture across all of South Florida will provide a favorable environment for showers and storms this afternoon thus rain chances are slightly elevated even across southeast Florida at 40% to 50%. Elsewhere across the state, rain chances remain slightly lower in the 20% to 30% range. While no severe weather is anticipated, storms may become strong at times with frequent lightning, gusty winds, and heavy downpours.

Temperatures will be warm and humid this afternoon, rising into the low to mid 90s. In addition, heat indices will creep above the 100 degree mark for most of the state (as depicted to the right) by the early afternoon hours. If you are planning on being outside for an extended amount of time it is recommended that you hydrate properly and take frequent breaks inside to limit your chances of over-heating or experiencing heat exhaustion during the hottest part of the day.

Lingering ocean swells and onshore winds will create a high risk of rip currents across the Panhandle coast from Escambia to Okaloosa counties. Further east, the rip current risk decreases to a moderate risk of rip currents from Walton to Franklin county. Elsewhere across the state a general low risk of rip currents is forecast today. However, rip currents may still form near piers and jetties and also during outgoing tidal cycles on low risk days. Thus residents are encouraged to always check beach flags before entering the water. For more information about rip current safety, click here.

Tropical Storm Dolly was upgraded this morning when Hurricane Hunter Aircraft reported 45 mph winds. Since then, the storm has strengthened slightly and now has maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. Dolly is forecast to continue heading west-northwest toward the Northeastern Mexican coast throughout the day with an eventually landfall forecast late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Elsewhere in the tropics, a wave forecast to emerge off the African coast on Thursday will enter an environment conducive for tropical development. Thus the National Hurricane Center placed this waves chances for development at 30% (medium) over the next 5 days. It is too early to tell what impacts this wave may have on Florida as models tend to be inconsistent and have trouble forecasting weak systems. The next name on the 2014 Atlantic Hurricane Season list of names is Edouard. For the latest information, click here.

Weather Images Courtesy of Weather Services International
test test test
test test test
test    


National Weather Service

Maps

Keetch-Byrum Drought Index Map
US Drought Monitor Map2



MyFlorida.comEMAP Accredited

Copyright ©2002 FDEM | Privacy | Best Viewed With | Accessibility | Contact Us | Employment | Home

www.FloridaDisaster.org
Florida Division of Emergency Management
2555 Shumard Oak Boulevard
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2100
(850) 413-9969
800-226-4329 (TDD/ TTY)
French     Spanish     German