Swift Current Program
The Swift Current Flood Mitigation Assistance Program is a residential mitigation grant program funded by FEMA and administered through a partnership with the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM). FDEM has the authority and responsibility for developing and maintaining a State Hazard Mitigation Plan, reviewing Swift Current Flood Mitigation Assistance Program subapplications, recommending technically feasible and cost-effective subapplications to FEMA and providing pass-thru funding for FEMA-approved and awarded project grants to eligible subapplicants.
FY 2023 Flood Mitigation Assistance Application Period Opens February 12, 2024!
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) is accepting eligible subapplications for the Swift Current Flood Mitigation Assistance program from eligible entities. All subapplications must be submitted to FDEM via the eGrants application system on or before March 15, 2024 by 5:00 PM EDT.
The Notice of Funding Opportunity and application resources are available below. Additional resources are forthcoming.
FMA Swift Current Objectives:
The purpose of FMA Swift Current is to reduce or eliminate the flood risk of repetitive flood damage to structures and buildings insured by the NFIP following a flood-related disaster event, and to enhance community flood resilience within NFIP-participating communities.
FMA Swift Current Priorities:
FMA Swift Current funds Individual Flood Mitigation Projects (Residential Mitigation) for the following:
- Repetitive Loss (RL)
- Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL)
- Properties deemed Substantially Damaged (after the applicant’s disaster declaration date – August 31, 2023)
Definitions for these terms can be found in the NOFO in Section C (Eligibility Information), Subsection 4 (Cost Share and Match). Add information about the applicant’s disaster declaration date.
ALL PROPERTY OWNERS MUST CONTACT THEIR LOCAL GOVERNMENT TO APPLY AND HAVE AN ACTIVE NFIP FLOOD INSURANCE POLICY IN EFFECT ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 15, 2023 TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS FUNDING OPPORTUNITY.
E-mail us at SwiftCurrent@em.myflorida.com
- FDEM FY 2023 FMA Swift Current Application Period Announcement
- FY 2023_Swift Current_NOFO_final
- 2024 eGrants Subapplication Process Registration Guidance
- FEMA MT eGrants System - Reference Guide for Subapplicants
- FEMA_MT eGrants Frequently asked Questions Support Document (March 2018)
- Minimum Programmatic Subapplication Requirements for Structure Elevation Projects
- Minimum Programmatic Subapplication Requirements for Property Acquisition Projects
- Minimum Programmatic Subapplication Requirements for Mitigation Reconstruction Projects
- Minimum Engineering Requirements for Elevation, Mitigation Reconstruction & Acquisition Projects
- Minimum EHP Requirements for Elevation, Mitigation Reconstruction & Acquisition Projects