LiDAR and Digital Elevation Data
For the most recent inventory of available LiDAR and digitial elevation data please visit United States Interagency Elevation Inventory.
2018 Statewide LiDAR Project
The 2018-2019 state budget provides funding for FDEM to undertake a statewide LiDAR project. Please see Florida Statewide LiDAR for more information.
LiDAR Data Distribution
Several internet accessible portals provide LiDAR and data derived from the 2007-2009 FDEM Coastal LiDAR Project and other projects --
- FIU's International Hurricane Research Center - provides tile-by-tile download of LAS and metadata files from the Florida Coastal LiDAR project. Currently has data for the entire FDEM project.
- UF's Florida Geographic Data Library - provides 2 foot contours from the FDEM coastal project for the following counties: Bay, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Clay, Collier, Dade, Dixie, Duval, Escambia, Flagler, Franklin, Glades, Gulf, Hendry, Hillsborough, Indian River, Jefferson, Lee, Levy, Manatee, Martin, Monroe, Nassau, Okaloosa, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Putnam, Santa Rosa, Sarasota, St. Lucie, Taylor, Wakulla, and Walton. To easily access these data sets, follow this link and then on the next page click "Start Search".
- South Florida Water Management District GIS - has published the 10’ and 25’ DEMs for Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe delivery areas. Use the GIS Data Catalog link to find the data. A good keyword for searching is “FDEM”. Other delivery areas within the South Florida Water Management District will be available in the future.
- St. Johns River Water Management District GIS - has published digital elevation models for areas of Brevard, Clay, Putnam, and Indian River delivery areas. Visit GIS Download Library to find available data.
- USGS National Elevation Dataset - Many Florida LiDAR projects have contributed to the available 1/9 arc second data.
- NOAA's Digital Coast - provides many data download options both in terms of projection and datums, as well as file formats, cell sizes, and data classes. In addition to the FDEM project, also has data from the NWFWMD, SWFWMD, St Johns county, Volusia county, and coastal data from DEP's Beaches and Coastal Systems.
Additionally, the Southwest Florida Water Management District has 5 foot DEMs, LAS, breaklines, and contours for most of their district, including FDEM data from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Manatee, and Sarasota counties (contact Jessica Hendrix). NWFWMD has LAS and 1.2 meter or 2 meter DEMs for most of the panhandle counties from their LiDAR collects, and has 5 foot DEMs, LAS, breaklines, and contours for FDEM efforts from southern Escambia, Santa Rosa, Walton, and all of Wakulla counties (contact John Crowe). Data for other counties may be obtained by contacting Jason Ray at 850-815-4730.