Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
The Division's Geographic Information System (GIS) section within Information Technology and Management performs spatial analyses, develops the state’s cartographical information, creates GIS applications and tools, oversees geospatial information and data management activities, administers the Division’s geospatial databases, and enhances the capabilities of the Division/SERT GeoPortal and GATOR.
During “blue sky” conditions, the section works to foster, enable, assist, and leverage technologies, information, and datasets used by other state agencies and counties to perform their daily activities. During activations of the Emergency Operations Center, the section provides support to the SERT by staffing ESF 5: Information and Planning. In this capacity, the section provides the SERT’s executive leadership the necessary tools and information to make pivotal decisions.
- FloridaDisaster.org Geoportal - web maps and services from the Florida State Emergency Response Team and the Florida Division of Emergency Management
- FloridaDisaster.org Geodata - geodata from the Florida State Emergency Response Team and the Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Florida Emergency GIS Response Team Group - This effort modeled after the Texas EGRT, local and state government GIS professionals will be organized into a rapidly deployable GIS resource built to support special events, disaster response, and recovery efforts. Google Group
- GIS Services Directory - GIS map services directory from the Florida State Emergency Response Team and the Florida Division of Emergency Management
- LiDAR and Digital Elevation Data - information on LiDAR and digital elevation data
- US National Grid - information on United States National Grid
Florida URISA - The Florida Chapter of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association hosts a website with news feeds, events and workshops, calendar, and web links for Florida GIS professionals. Join the non-profit association, explore their website, and share information for your region.
Environmental Resource Analysis Tools - ERAtools is pair of applications, an ArcMap report-writing extension and a desktop application which is used to create the analysis definition files used by the ArcMap extension. ERAtools was originally an ArcView 3 application started by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). ERAtools for ArcGIS was cooperatively developed by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and DEP. ERAtools is currently being implemented by FWC, the Florida Division of Emergency Management, and DEP, among other agencies. ERAtools is now available for both ArcGIS 9.x and 10.x.
Florida Geographic Data Library - The Florida Geographic Data Library (FGDL) is a mechanism for distributing spatial data throughout the state of Florida. The FGDL is warehoused and maintained at the University of Florida's GeoPlan Center, a GIS Research & Teaching Facility.
Florida GIS - State of Florida GIS information programs and resources.
Florida GIS Open Data - Explore and download GIS data from State of Florida agencies and partners.
Florida Imagery at FREAC - high-resolution imagery and other data provided by FSU's Florida Resources and Environmental Analysis Center.
Florida Aerial Photography Archive Collection - Florida Aerial Photography Archive Collection (APAC) is Florida's largest collection of aerial photography. This collection consist of over 450,000 digital images that date back to 1951 plus over 700,000 aerial photos that can date back to the 1940's. This collection is a primary source of aerial photography and digital imagery for the Florida Department of Transportation, State Agencies and the general public.